Did y'all know that Evergreen Collective is a Public Benefit Corporation?
This is sort of like a B Corp, but instead of being certified by a 3rd party it's a legal incorporation status from the state of Minnesota. As a Benefit Corporation we are required to serve not only our financial needs but the needs of the general public. This ensures our business practices' are good for people and good for the environment.
To show that, as a company, we've benefited the general public we are required to submit a report to the state every year! See the full report here.
Highlights from 2022 included:
- September 16th, 2022: The official opening of Grand Avenue Location!
- October 2022: Partnered with local ceramist Emma Konrad to sell her functional pottery items.
- October 2022: Launched a rewards program to help reduce the cost of sustainable options for community members.
- Carrying low-waste cleaning solutions for customers. This included a refill station with donated jars from the community and cleaning products in recyclable/compostable containers.
- Using 100% reused materials in our eCommerce fulfillment.
Read the full report here!